I used to knit as a child but I’ve completely forgotten how and this winter, I really want to learn again. The lovely Sophie of Moloney Makes in Bristol has created a range of brilliant beginners knitting kits and I think they would make the perfect gift for any craft lover this Christmas. This beginner’s knit kit provides everything you need to learn all the skills required to knit your very own super cosy chunky cowl for yourself or for a friend.
Gift somebody the gift of some mindful craft time with this knitting kit. The box includes an original Moloneymakes knitting pattern and a ‘How To: a Beginners’ Guide to Knitting’ booklet which guides you through each step of the basic stitches and techniques you required so you can create your own cosy cowl even if you’ve never picked up a pair of needles before!
I have chosen 3 beautiful winter colours for these cowl kits – Navy deep blue, Redcurrant rich red (as worn by Sophie in the photo below) or Graphite dark grey (as show in the main kit photo).
In this knitting kit, you will receive:
- A Moloneymakes knitting pattern
- A ‘How To: a Beginners’ Guide to Knitting’ booklet, which guides you through each of the stitches and techniques you need to know
- 3 x balls of super chunky vegan acrylic yarn in one of 3 colour combinations
- 1x small ball super chunky vegan yarn for the tassels, again in one of 3 colour combinations
- A pair of bamboo 10mm knitting needles
- A tapestry needle
Every cowl knitting kit is packaged in a sturdy branded cardboard box making it gift ready.
Size: The finished cowl measures approximately 16.5 inches tall and 28.5 inches around.
Care: For best results hand wash and leave to dry flat. However, the yarn is fully machine washable so you can also wash it in the machine at 30 degrees.