I love these plantable wildflower cards so much and they have been so popular this year as they are a gift as well as a card and a lovely reminder of friendship through flowers. I’ve always felt bad about throwing cards away and I have drawers full of old cards that I can’t bear to get rid of, so the idea of enjoying a card and then being able to grow wildflowers from it, is brilliant! Once your loved one has enjoyed your Christmas message, they can plant the card in February and grow wildflowers! There are 7 beautiful festive designs to choose from this year. All cards are blank on the inside for your own message.
1) Merry Chris-Moose – this fun plantable Christmas card is my favourite. Made from 100% recycled cotton embedded with British perennial Rudbeckia wildflowers.
2) Classic Merry Christmas- made from 100% recycled cotton embedded with British perennial Rudbeckia wildflowers.
3) Polar Bear – made from 100% recycled cotton embedded with beautiful bright Poppy Seeds with the words Merry Christmas
4) Seeds n Greetings – made from 100% recycled materials embedded with 11 types of wildflower seeds.
5) Festive Pheasant With Your Present – recycled cotton embedded with beautiful bright Poppy Seeds
6) Mushroom Merry Christmas – made from 100% recycled materials embedded with 11 types of wildflower seeds.
7) Christmas Bauble – made from 100% recycled materials embedded with 11 types of wildflower seeds.
The images are drawn and hand painted by Sophie with watercolours and altered using photoshop to make bright illustrations. The cards are printed with edible inks so the inks don’t harm the soil once planted. Full instructions are on the back of the card.
Size (folded): A6 – 105 x 148 mm (4.1 x 5.8 inches). Comes with a brown recycled paper envelope.
Wildflower mix cards are made up of: 3% Birdsfoot Trefoil, 8% Black Knapweed, 3% Black Medick, 12% Meadow Buttercup, 4% Musk Mallow, 12% Ox-Eye Daisy, 12% Ribwort Plantain, 8% Red Campion, 4% Salad Burnet, 15% Self Heal, 12% White Campion, 7% Yarrow and Grass Seed.